6.16.2011

in search of . . . the perfect summer tote.


why is it always so hard to find the perfect summer bag?

it needs to be big enough to hold all the essentials (beach towel, a good book, bottle of water...), but i'm looking for more than just a shapeless sack. it has to have lots of extra pockets for sunscreen, snacks, shades and all the other little things. and of course a cute design that bridges the gap between the beach and the street is a must.

here are my picks for this summer... which one is your fave?



1. bright stripes scream summer, roomy cargo pockets on the front hold all your stuff, and the price can't be beat! from target, $16.99

2. i love that this bag converts from a standard tote to a fold-over shoulder bag. it's like getting two bags in one! by ray design, $115

3. super unique marbled fabric and rugged waxed canvas combine to give this bag a chic factor that's off the charts. by bees'netta, $155

4. this bag has a classic, effortlessly cool look... i love the colorful bungee cord handle! by j. crew, $62.50


5. i adore the beetle graphics and dark leather trim on this tote... sadly it's not in my price range, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sale! from anthropologie, $148

6. an adorable bike graphic and sunny yellow hue make this french-inspired messenger a winner. by ikabags, $69.74

7. the metallic fabric is cute on or off the beach, and the zip top is super practical (no more sand in the bottom of your bag!). by lesportsac, $88

8. i love the rugged-meets-chic look of leather and canvas, and this one has pockets galore! by nine west, on sale for $54.99

14 comments:

Mosquito Beachwear said...

Great finds! I'm on a budget, so the colorful Target bag is perfect! Cute and practical! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

These are all great picks. I especially love the beetle anthro tote and the yellow one from ikabags. I like all her bags, actually. Something about summer makes me want a bag with fun or cute graphics, especially if it's going to be your weekend tote or beach tote...it should be the opposite of your I'm-going-to-the-office bag. You know what I mean?

lesley said...

glad you like my picks!

i agree it shoud be the opposite of your work bag... fun and colorful is where it's at for summer!

xoxo,
lesley

Janet said...

I love #2 but definitely #1 for vacation!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

I don't really have a summer bag! I just cram everything into my purse. Clearly, I need to re-think my plan.

lesley said...

paige - i've been doing the same thing, hence the need for a new bag!

xoxo,
lesley

Valerie Waldron Hedlund said...

Love #1 & #6! Both so cute and I love bright colors for summer! Thanks for another super-cute blog post!

lesley said...

aw thanks val! hope all is well in colorado :)

xoxo,
lesley

brittany - moccasin run said...

i love the tote with the bicycle on it! so cute, that would be my choice for the perfect summer tote :)

--brittany--

http://prettylittlevintage.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I'm totally in love with the yellow bicycle bag!

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Alexis said...

I adore that bicycle messenger bag. It's so creatively perfect! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciated the sweet comment :).

Joyce said...

The yellow bicycle bag actually matches my yellow bicycle!! GOT to have it!!!

lesley said...

mom - you're right, it would be the PERFECT bike bag for you!

xoxo,
lesley

Robin said...

digging the bug bag... great post!