4.26.2011

sneak peek... my living room & dining room

this will be the last round of house pics for a little while... enjoy your sneak peek into my living and dining rooms!

i love my living room chairs! i've been obsessed with the ghost chair for years, and i'm so happy that i finally own one. the pillow is from karen hilton, a long-time etsy fave based in london. i also love the exposed brick wall and our newly refinished original wood floors :)

my mantel. the rustic wood is totally different from everything else in the room, but i liked the contrast so i decided to keep it. the super bright artwork is by kathryn dilego, and the ampersand is from tucker reece. the round mirror was a diy project... it started as a colorful magazine frame from urban outfitters, which i painted matte white.

the dining room, my favorite room in the house! the color palette is so calming (compared with the crazy brights everywhere else in the house!). i was inspired by paris, so i decided to display some of my favorite photos on the far wall. the pendant from shades of light was a pain to install, but i love it! the feather tray is john derian for target.

i've been completely obsessed with using ceiling medallions as wall decor since i first saw it in a home decor magazine years ago. i'm so glad i decided to try it out in the dining room! the medallions are from architectural depot. i'm also really pleased with the paint color... it's called sharkey gray, and it is from martha stewart's paint collection. the perfect taupe-y, mushroom-y, warm grey... just what i had in mind.

well, that's all for now! i'm actually planning on re-doing my living room in the near future, so hopefully i'll have some new stuff to show off soon :)

6 comments:

Robin said...

awesome post! beautiful decor.

the living and dining rooms are so different than when we bought the house. it's hard to even remember how dark and ugly it was with the drop ceilings, wood paneling and ugly trim.

Unknown said...

I love your house! I think it's just the perfect mix of modern and classic details, and I love all of your diy touches.

The Salty Mermaid said...

The color palette in your dining room is exactly the same as I have running through my house. Crazy! That wall and trim color had a really popular pop a few years ago. My house and every one of my relatives in Texas and Louisiana ended up with the same color scheme. So random!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous, your home looks amazing...hope your week is awesome!

enjoy *~*

brittany - moccasin run said...

i love your home! it is so open looking and i love the colors and details :)

juditsd said...

very cool and stylish! Congrats!:)