2.13.2009

my latest obsession . . . mixed metal jewelry

in the past, i've kept my gold- and silver-toned jewelry strictly quarantined for fear of clashing... which meant going to such extremes as ditching my platinum engagement ring so i could rock a pair of antique brass chandelier earrings.  i would even fret over the tiniest details, like whether the grommets on my jeans matched the hardware on my purse.

it was becoming an obsession... but now i've found a cure: mixed metal jewelry.  hallelujah!   there is something about the contrast of different shades and patinas of metal that has that exotic, worldly, bohemian feel.  and even better, for obsessive-compulsive types like myself, it matches everything!

right now i'm totally craving braided chains, ethnic-inspired bangles, and matte finish drops in a spectrum of silver, gold, pewter and bronze tones.  here are my picks... hope you like them!


clockwise from top left:

1.  braided chain earrings, $28 from urban outfitters
2.  dip dye chain effect necklace, $16.10 from asos
3.  fern pendant necklace, $68 from tessa kemp jewelry
4.  tribal bangle set, $5.80 from forever 21
5.  perfect little pieces necklace, $34 from local library
6.  set of three printed bangles, $11.56 from asos
7.  trio stacking rings, $30 from tickle bean

xoxo,
lesley

2 comments:

Audrey said...

There are some awesome jewelry shops on etsy, with the coolest items that you would never think to make. Some people have such great imaginaions.

Sherwin said...

Hello, nice blog!

Would you like to exchange links?

Here are my blog info:

URL: http://metal-industry.blogspot.com
TITLE: Metal Industry Blog

Email me at midwestmetalproducts@gmail.com if you are interested.